List of AI-empowered project management tools that can be helpful in 2022?
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are becoming extremely popular tools for project managers in 2022.
However, before we jump into how AI is revolutionising project management, let’s take a look at why project management is important in the first place.
Know more about our programme
Know more about our programme
The importance of project management in 2023
Businesses are becoming bigger and more complex as the corporate world evolves. With multitasking employees and innumerable product developments, companies are warming up to the idea of running business operations as a series of smaller projects.
Project management software can help managers prioritise tasks, compartmentalise pressing issues and allocate available resources effectively. Project management can also ensure that deadlines are not missed, and resources are not wasted.
The role of project management in improving business efficiency has contributed to the growing demand for qualified project managers and project management apps. According to a PMI survey, employers across different industries would need more than 88 million project management professionals.
Enrolling in a project management course such as the Global MBA at Gisma can help you capitalise on this growing demand. It can also help you understand how AI is powering project planner tools and project plan templates.
How has AI become the game-changer in the project management world?
AI and machine learning have come a long way from their origins in IT and their presence is now felt in more conventional business fields like project management. A recent PMI “Pulse of the Profession” report suggests that over 80% of business leaders have used AI applications to boost their project management approaches.
Another PMI survey on “Cracking the Code on Project Performance” reports that project managers expect to increase the usage of AI in project management plans from 27% to 37% in the next two to three years.
Why is AI gaining so much traction from project managers?
AI is creating a huge impact in project management processes in the following ways.
- Chatbot assistants: Chatbots are a great way to automate project communications and interactions with internal and external stakeholders. According to a Gartner study, over 50% of medium to large enterprises are using some form of chatbots within their projects.
- Removal or reduction of manual errors: Large-scale projects are often burdened by manual errors owing to their complexities and the humongous number of tasks. AI can be used to automate many of the manual tasks in project management, such as data entry, thereby reducing or eliminating errors.
- Better planning and allocation of resources: Humans can’t be 100% accurate in estimating project costs and timelines. This can affect the planning and budgeting of important projects. AI tools can provide data-backed predictions which are much more accurate than human instincts and can be used for more optimised resource allocation and project planning.
- Increase in productivity and efficiency: There are numerous project planning responsibilities, such as scheduling and sending emails which can be automated through AI. This frees up the time of project managers and team members, which can be redirected to innovation.
- Scope of better decision-making: AI technology can process huge volumes of project data and can offer data insights much faster than humans. This can help project managers make faster and better project decisions.
What kind of project management tasks can benefit from AI automation?
AI can be a perfect solution for projects that call for high levels of creativity, speed, agility and innovation. AI and machine learning tools can automate and speed up several aspects of project management, such as:
- Project scheduling and budgeting
- Data analysis from existing and historical projects
- Administrative tasks associated with a project
- Setting KPIs of a specific project
- Project task management and prioritisation
- Project data management
- Task automation
- Risk prediction and mitigation
- Resource allocation
- Team collaboration
- Support documentation
The best project management tools enabled by AI to assist project managers in 2022
A recent study conducted by PMI found that 44% of business projects in the industry are utilising AI-backed tools and resources. From detecting potential holes in the system to optimising workflows, AI-empowered project management tools can make your life easier as a project manager.
Here is a comprehensive list of AI-backed project management software that you can use to optimise your projects.
ProofHub is one of the most agile and efficient project communication management tools in the market. It is cloud-based and allows multiple users to access it at the same time, which makes it perfect for remote or hybrid working models.
The tool offers great resources for collaboration and task management with multiple users. This allows you to do away with long email threads for project discussions and hold project discussions with your team even if they are spread across the globe.
Trello is particularly useful during the project conceptualisation and planning phase. It allows team members or managers to upload their tasks on a publicly accessible board and check them off when they are completed.
This removes the need for constant to-and-fro communication for project updates. It also simplifies the task of project visualisation and planning the steps ahead. The best feature of Trello is the AI-based text suggestions when you want to initiate a conversation with another project member.
ClickUp is another popular AI-based project management tool that is great for multiple team collaborations and a single-glance organisation of the project. The tool lets the associated members track the progress of the project easily.
The tool is also great for creating project documentation, allotting responsibilities and task allocation.
Asana is one of the most commonly used project management tools, popular amongst start-ups and freelancers for their professional projects. Asana provides a free version of their tool with limited features that can be sufficient for many businesses.
The tool offers a quick way to track the project tasks and their statuses. It also reduces your reliance on complex spreadsheets and lengthy email trails.
Wrike’s AI-empowered interface offers a wide range of features that can let you track multiple projects and coordinate with others. It provides project statuses and insights through great visuals that are easy to understand.
The tool is perfect for switching between multiple projects or working in a distributed work environment.
Along with these tools, you can also explore the following AI-empowered software for your project management needs.
- Project Insight
How can you learn about the latest AI-backed project management software?
A Deloitte survey predicts that 70% of business organisations will start implementing AI in project management in the next few years. This means that exploring a project management role will require you to at least be familiar with different AI-based project management tools.
A project management programme from a reputed management school can help you understand which project management aspects can be automated through AI. You can also develop enough expertise on the subject to propose new project management tools through AI.
Gisma University of Applied Sciences offers a great MSc Business Management & Project Management programme at the Potsdam campus near Berlin, Germany. The coursework is sufficient to help you develop an overall understanding of project management practices and approaches.
Click here to check out other features of this programme at GISMA today!
– This article was written by Sweha Hazari.