MSc International Business Management
This global and practice-oriented international business degree will help you advance your career in Germany and worldwide. Incentives of up to 33% available!ENQUIRE NOW
The MSc International Business Management from Gisma University of Applied Sciences allows you to dive into the fascinating world of international business and corporate global leadership.
From leadership competencies in cross cultural environments and international strategic management to marketing and CEO decision making, this programme covers all areas of business that you need to master for a senior management position in an international organisation.
- Opportunity to spend a semester abroad or do an internship/ project in an international cosmopolitan city like London, Shanghai, and Singapore.
- Equips you with all the skills you need for a senior management role in any international company or MNC.
- Allows you to network with students from over 90 countries which can expand your professional network.
- Helps you gain additional skills in Big Data, cybersecurity, and cloud computing through technical know-how provided by Amazon.
- Suitable for students interested in a global business career with undergraduate degrees in closely related disciplines like accounting, economics and psychology.
- Course curriculum perfect for preparing for further intensive business degrees like an MBA.
- Industry oriented curriculum with the right blend of theory and practical experience.
- Provides plenty of career opportunities in domains like project management, international strategic management, business leadership and finance.
- A flexible learning format, as well as virtual access to the Gisma Campus at Potsdam, allows you to study online.
Potsdam, near Berlin
12 or 24 months
Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct 2024
€ from 13,000 per course
Accreditations and rankings
The degree programme has been awarded the quality seal of the Accreditation Council Foundation. It was first assessed by FIBAA in a multi-stage accreditation procedure and then successfully accredited by the Accreditation Council Foundation. The Accreditation Council Foundation is a joint institution of the federal states of Germany for quality assurance in study and teaching at German universities. The quality seal of the Accreditation Council Foundation certifies, among other things, compliance with academic standards and formal requirements.
Gisma University of Applied Sciences is state recognised. It also benefits from AMBA accreditation, which was awarded for the Global MBA and is an honour shared by only 6 universities in Germany and 2% of all universities worldwide. The prestigious AMBA accreditation represents innovation and excellence in education.
The Gisma Study Guarantee
The intuitive Gisma e-learning platform allows you to pursue the course from your home country and visit the Gisma campus at Potsdam virtually. This ensures the continuity of your academic life without any interruptions.
The course will be taught through streamed lectures in real-time along with complimentary teaching and e-learning package.
You will work on cases, reflect on readings, take part in discussions, and participate in group exercises and projects. Akin to our on-campus programmes, our online programmes also feature a variety of learning methods. These include student-centred pedagogy, project-based learning, collaborative learning and personalised coaching.
Students starting online will have the option to complete the programme on-campus in Germany seamlessly.
Potsdam, your next study destination
This high-tech, modern campus, situated just a short distance from the vibrant city of Berlin, serves as a dynamic hub for our University of Applied Sciences students. Here, students engage in both in-person and virtual learning experiences. The architecture and building concept of the campus are designed with intelligence and efficiency in mind, creating spaces that emphasise flexibility, networking, and collaborative working. This environment is tailor-made to foster innovation, providing an exceptional setting that’s ideal for collaborative teaching and learning methods. The campus features ‘Open Spaces’ that cater to various needs, including relaxation, networking, individual study, and group work. The proximity to Berlin further enriches our students’ academic and cultural experience, connecting them to a broader spectrum of opportunities and inspirations.
The camera and sound technology in the classrooms is specifically suited to enable blended or hybrid teaching formats, where students on and off campus can join the class and connect in real-time, benefitting from seamless peer-to-peer interaction with each other. The campus is in a great location, with neighbours such as SAP Innovation Centre Network right across the road.
Potsdam is the picturesque capital city of the state of Brandenburg. It is known for its highly reputed science institutions, technological innovation, economic growth, a unique culture, and high living standards. It is a world heritage site, with the backdrop of outstanding nature. The city also benefits from being the twin city of Berlin, the German capital. The two cities share a border, and the journey from Potsdam Main Station takes just 20-30 minutes to the centre of Berlin, where you can find an inviting cultural, retail and nightlife scene.
Learn from the very best in the field
You can be confident that you will be learning from some of the most accomplished and industry-respected professionals. Our professors at Gisma University of Applied Sciences are experts in their respective fields, with a wealth of experience and knowledge. They have come from and worked with some of the world’s largest and most prestigious companies, including Amazon, United Nations, Harvard, 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, KPMG, Boston Consulting Group, IBM, and Allianz.
Gisma is a proud member of the prestigious SAP University Alliances program, offering unparalleled opportunities for our students and staff. This exclusive partnership provides access to SAP’s academic materials, internships, and graduate programs. Our students benefit from open access to SAP training, certifications, and exciting workshops on cutting-edge topics. With the support of SAP experts, we equip our students for success in the digital economy. Join us to thrive in the world of endless possibilities.
Gisma University of Applied Sciences is state recognised and AMBA-accredited for our Global MBA
Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in Europe at 3.4%*
Chance to earn to €45,000**, the average graduate salary in Germany
Join a network of students from over 90 nationalities across the globe
- International Strategic Management
- International Marketing
- Global Supply Chain Management
- International Economics
Leadership, action and intercultural competencies
- Management of People in Cross Cultural Environments
- Behavioural Competencies in Virtual Teams
- Emotional Agility in International Business
- CEO Decision Making and Case Studies
Study abroad or Internship or Business Project
Innovation and Sustainability
- Innovation Management and Digital Transformation
- Project Management
- Finance and Risk Management
- CSR, Diversity and Ethics
- Electives in Cloud Computing, Big Data and Cyber Security from Amazon, Alibaba and Co.
Scientific and Methods Competence
- Research Methods and Scientific Work
- Master Thesis
Your Future Career
The MSc International Business Management covers a broad range of international topics so that you’ll be perfectly equipped for your desired career path. This degree will help you advance your career in various fields such as finance, marketing, HR, and general business.
Here are a few worthy career roles in the international business domain that might interest you.
- Business development manager; average salaries for the job usually range around €73,627 (source).
- External auditor; average salaries for the job usually range around €73,627 (source).
- Marketing manager; average salaries for the job usually range around €68,459 (source).
- Global sales manager; average salaries for the job usually range around €63,859 (source).
- International HR manager; average salaries for the job usually range around €84,747 (source).
- Global financial trader; average salaries for the job usually range around €72,6497 (source).
In addition, Gisma has a dedicated Career Centre which will help students fulfil their career goals through a variety of specialised services and establishes long-lasting relationships with alumni and employers.
Fees and Entry Reqs
Standard Tuition Fees
New pricing – from 31st March 2023:
- 1 Year Duration – € 13,000 per year
- 2 Year Duration – € 8,500 per year
- 1 Year Duration – € 15,500 per year
- 2 Year Duration – € 11,575 per year
For more details on how to apply, fees, additional savings of up to 15%, and your funding options, please speak to our programme consultant.
Regional incentives are available for students from certain countries. Please check the fee section on this page.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- English proficiency: B2 (IELTS 6.0 overall, no less than 5.5 in any component) or equivalent scores in TOEFL iBT, Pearson PTE or Duolingo. Gisma also offers an English test free of charge.
For students who have educational degrees from India
Students who have acquired their education degrees from India will need to follow the Academic Evaluation Center (APS) process required by The German Foreign Affairs Ministry. For more information, please refer to our APS Step-by-Step Guide webpage.
Flexible payment plan
Gisma offers flexible payment plans that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees in up to six instalments. A refundable* deposit of €3,000 is required to secure your place, and the remainder of the tuition fee is to be paid after the start of programme in accordance with your payment schedule.
Payments are accepted by bank transfer, or via one of our payment partners – Transfermate and Stripe. If you have any queries regarding payment options, please speak to a programme consultant.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Financing your studies
In many cases, non-German citizens studying in Germany are entitled to apply for the BAföG (Federal Education and Training Assistance Act) grants-and-loans system, if certain conditions are met.
If foreigners have the prospect of staying in Germany and if they are socially integrated, they are considered eligible for funding. For more information and to check your eligibility please use the link below (which can be translated into English).
Frequently asked questions
Question 1: Where can I work if I study international business?
An international business degree from a reputed business school like Gisma can open up a plethora of career opportunities across different domains. A few popular career domains for international business students include business development, international marketing, international operations and human resource management.
Question 2: Where can I study international business in Germany?
Gisma University of Applied Sciences offers a great master’s programme in international business that can cross off all your checkpoints for a comprehensive programme.
Question 3: What kind of career prospects can I expect as a business student in Germany?
You can expect diverse career profiles as an international business graduate. Few popular career options include management analyst, research analyst, and international supply chain manager.
Question 4: Why should I choose an international business programme over an MBA?
While an MBA can have a generic business management curriculum, an international business programme would be specifically designed to give you a global business perspective. This can be helpful if you seek an international business management career.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION