5 reasons why Hamburg should be your next study destination
Are you searching for a great study destination that is picturesque, offers quality education and fits well within your budget?
Then look no further than Hamburg as this German city offers all this and much more to the international students who continue to flock here each year.Contact us to know more
Contact us to know more
Situated between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, Hamburg is not only multicultural hub but is also counted as one of the most important economic centers of the country. It offers the vibrancy of city life along with the serenity of a small town, making it a perfect mix for students. Universities in Hamburg offer a learning experience that matches Germany’s advanced outlook on education.
With various degree programs, 300 different libraries and a major emphasis on research, this city adds extensive value to your academic learning and professional career. There are so many reasons to study in Hamburg, and here are our top five:
- Affordable education – Germany has stood out on the global map for providing affordable education without compromising on quality and the same applies to Hamburg. Students studying in Germany enjoy considerably lower living costs than other European countries for things like rent, food and public transport.
- Scholarships – GISMA students who are studying a degree from Grenoble Ecole de Management, Kingston University or The University of Law can take advantage of our wide range of scholarships. These include: The Principal’s Scholarship for Entrepreneurship, Exceptional Career Scholarship, Women in Business Scholarship, Academic Merit Scholarship and Rector’s Scholarship. We also offer flexible payment plans to students, allowing them to spread the cost of their program fees across multiple instalments. Terms and conditions apply, and you can find more about GISMA’s requirements for scholarships here.
- Metropolitan city – As the second-largest city in Germany, Hamburg has a strong economy, vibrant culture and rich history to explore. According to Mercer, an established human resources consultancy firm, Hamburg ranks 19th in 2017 report of Quality of Living Rankings for global cities. Life in Hamburg never disappoints as there are a number of art and street festivals that take place throughout the year. Added to that, the beautiful landscape and fresh greenery offer scenic views and helps students to take a much-needed breather. It’s also a city with a musical heritage which offers a lot in terms of recreational activities. It has almost 100 clubs, 40 theatres and 60 museums which gives the place an exciting and edgy feel.
- Job opportunities – Germany allows students to work while studying for up to 20 hours per week. International students can work for 120 full or 240 half days per calendar year while they are on campus. While Hamburg living cost is not high, students do incur expenses while living abroad and this work policy helps them in managing their finances. The city is an economic hub also offers a large number of opportunities particularly in maritime, shipbuilding, aerospace, medical technology and biotechnology. While these remain the prime sectors, Hamburg also has countless other job prospects in a variety of fields.
- Courses in English – Another great advantage is that many courses in Germany are offered in English. Most of the master’s degree are also taught in English, making it easier for international students to study without learning an additional language. Non-native English speakers are required to present the IELTS test scorecard as part of the admission procedure. The valid score range differs as per university and can be anything from 6.0 to 6.5.
Benefits of studying in Hamburg are extensive, ranging from its beautiful surroundings and high-quality teaching to the affordable living costs it provides. Students looking to study an undergraduate or postgraduate program abroad should look into GISMA Business School that offers a rich curriculum taught by an expert faculty. Their programs are designed to meet individual requirements and will help in your career progression. Click on the link to choose a program of your choice.
– This article is written by Nandita Kaushal and edited by Amelia Hayward-Cole.