While studying in Berlin or Hannover, you have a number of accommodation options to choose from. The most popular options include: flat or house share and studio/flat rent.
GISMA provides students enrolled on HE programmes with information and consultation on the available accommodation options in Hannover and Berlin. Please contact your GISMA consultant for more information.
You can start your accommodation process at GISMA once you receive your visa and book your flight ticket. The process is as follows:
- The “Accommodation & Airport Pick-Up Application form” can be completed here.
- After you send your application, you will receive an accommodation offer after a minimum of two weeks.
- Your offer will include: a description of the accommodation, local area, and costs (rent, deposits, accommodation fee, etc.). If you decline our offer, you will only receive one more
- If you accept, you will receive booking confirmation - including payment details from your landlord.
- If you request Airport Pick-Up in your application, you will also receive confirmation for this.
Please note: help with your accommodation is not offered as part of your programme fees.
You can start your accommodation process at GISMA once you receive your visa and book your flight ticket. The package includes the following:
- 2 month rent
- 1 month deposit
- Airport pick-up
- 1 month public transportation pass (Valid on bus, tram and trains in Berlin)
Assistance with the following:
- Registration with the Berlin authorities
- Opening a bank account
- Health insurance
- Private liability insurance
- Other pastoral care/support services
- Visa extension services
The total cost for this package is €1,850 and payable up front to GISMA. Students can apply and pay for this package before or after their visa appointment. Signing up for the package before your visa appointment is likely to help validate your visa application. If your visa is rejected or for some reason you are unable to proceed with your education in Berlin, we will refund €1,650 and keep €200 as an administration fee.