Current Jobs at GISMA
GISMA Business School is a private University of Applied Sciences in foundation in Hannover, Germany, awaiting state-accreditation for summer 2019.
GISMA invites applications for the position of “Professor for Management Information Systems” to begin as soon as possible.
The general tasks, responsibilities and required qualification for employment are specified in the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (§ 25 NHG).
Thus, a qualified candidate:
- or equivalent degree in in management information systems, information technology, computing & management, or a related discipline.
- must have had a minimum of five years’ professional experience with a minimum of three years’ outside academia after having obtained the first academic degree.
- shows an affinity to digital approaches.
- has worked outside of Germany and has experience in obtaining external funding
- must be completely fluent in English, as all programmes and executive courses will be taught in English.
The faculty member will have teaching responsibilities at the intersection of management information systems, computing, cyber security, business intelligence and data analytics at graduate and undergraduate levels. Opportunities exist for qualified candidates to also teach in Executive Graduate Programs. Teaching at GISMA Business School is offered as Blended Learning. Candidates must be able and willing to engage in online-learning, interdisciplinary teaching, as well as the development of additional online learning resources.
The faculty member is expected to successfully conduct scholarly research in the described thematic field where the output of such research appears in peer reviewed journals. The faculty member is also expected to establish research relations and participate in research projects with external partners. Therefore a successful candidate will be expected to develop interdisciplinary collaborations to enhance the research program at GISMA Business School which includes seeking external funding.
The candidate will be involved in the management of programmes and the self-governance of the university as such. Faculty members will serve GISMA Business School in their professional capacity in their field, e.g., reviewer, conference organizer, etc. In addition, the candidate should have the desire and ability to engage business professionals and local stakeholders at the GISMA Business School to forge strategic partnerships with the local business community.
GISMA has set itself the goal that teaching and learning as well as research activities must face the current challenges of transition, change, uncertainty, complexity, digitization and globalization in terms of content and methods used. It is expected that faculty actively supports achieving these overarching goals.
GISMA is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
The application package should consist of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research and teaching statement, and three contacts (including positions) for recommendation letters. Additionally, if available, one working paper, a list of your best publications (maximum 10) and recent teaching evaluations should also be provided. Please merge all documents into one pdf file, indicating your name and targeted faculty position.
All applications should be submitted no later than August 15, 2018.
Please send your application via e-mail to:
GISMA Business School GmbH
Head of Academic Development and International Office
In line with GISMA Business School’s international student recruitment goals, we are looking to recruit a dynamic and driven International Student Recruitment Managers to play an important part in establishing GISMA Business School as an institution of choice for international students wishing to study in Germany. The ideal candidate will be responsible for representing GISMA across one, or a few, key international student recruitment markets, working with student recruitment Agents, academic partners, governments, and corporations, along with students themselves.
We are currently hiring International Student Recruitment Managers, across the following markets (for which knowledge of local languages will be an important asset):
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)
- South & South East Asia (S&SEA)
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle-East & Africa (MEA)
The role will be target driven, and very entrepreneurial in nature, with the ideal candidate possessing a "can-do" and "nothing is impossible" attitude, along with an excellent ability to adapt and work in an international environment and setting.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Oversee and deliver a comprehensive International Student Recruitment and Brand Development Strategy for GISMA Business School in a given market
- Development and Management of an active student recruitment Agency Network
- Identify marketing media channels and monitor brand development opportunities
- Attend fairs and university visits to promote and recruit potential students
- Hands-on management of prospective student applications
- Handle daily inquiries regarding all courses from potential sources
- Providing individually tailored professional advice at all times
- Negotiating and coordinating advertising, if applicable
- Assess market suitability in accordance with organization’s policies, objectives and standards
- Experience working within the International Student Recruitment space is essential
- Knowledge of a local language of an international student market (ie. – Spanish for the Latin American Market; Hindi for the South Asian market, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 4 months out of the year.
- Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process
- Proven experience in a Business Development role
- Strong client management skills and an overall positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Please send your application to:
Berichtet an: Campus Manager Berlin
Datum: ab sofort
Zunächst befristet für 12 Monate
Die GISMA Business School ist eine internationale private Business School mit Standorten in Hannover, Berlin und London, welche anspruchsvolle Aus- und Weiterbildungsprogramme für Manager und Führungsnachwuchs anbietet. Das Programmportfolio umfasst internationale Master und MBA Programme, offene und maßgeschneiderte Executive Education Seminare sowie Sprachkurse.
Zur Unterstützung des Student Care Office am Standort Berlin suchen wir eine/n
Student Support Coordinator (w/m)
- Organisieren von Unterkünften für Studierende und Lehrpersonal sowie Unterstützung der Studierenden bei der Wohnraumvermittlung und Anmietung neuer Unterkünfte
- Stetige Strukturierung des Bereichs Student Accommodation einschließlich Entwicklung und Implementierung effizienter Prozessabläufe in Zusammenarbeit mit unserem Real Estate Coordinator
- Unterstützung des Compliance Officers bei der Beantragung von Visums- und Aufenthaltsgenehmigungen für Studierende sowie Beziehungspflege zu Botschaften, Behörden und Ämtern
- Ansprechpartner/in für Studierende in allen nicht-akademischen Fragestellungen einschließlich Pastoral Care, Welfare und Student Life Support
- Unterstützung bei der Organisation und Betreuung von nicht-akademischen Veranstaltungen
- Weitere Aufgaben, welche vom Management und Senior Management von Zeit zu Zeit kommuniziert werden
- Mindestens Bachelor-Abschluss
- Fließende Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- Kenntnisse im Bereich Visums- und Aufenthaltsgenehmigungen
- Sehr gute Kenntnisse der MS-Office-Programme (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Stellenbeschreibung Student Support Coordinator Seite 2 von 2
- Sehr gute Organisations- und Kommunikationsfähigkeit
- Hohe soziale und interkulturelle Kompetenz
- Auch bei hohem Arbeitsaufkommen den Überblick behalten
- Unternehmerische Denk- und Arbeitsweise
Wir bieten Ihnen:
- Ein sympathisches und dynamisches Team in einem jungen, internationalen Umfeld
- Einen Arbeitsplatz im Herzen von Berlin nahe dem Schöneberger Winterfeldt-Kiez
- Viel Gestaltungsspielraum für eigene Ideen und kreative Lösungsansätze
Ihre Bewerbung richten Sie bitte bis Mittwoch, den 26.09.2018 an:
GISMA Business School GmbH
Frau Birgit Rath
Potsdamer Straße 180/182
Reports to: Campus Manager Berlin
Initially for 6 months with option of extension
GISMA Business School is a privately owned international business school with sites in Berlin, London and Hannover. It offers a variety of postgraduate degrees, including MBAs, all of which are delivered and awarded by external institutions. Furthermore, it offers short courses for executives and students.
For our Berlin Campus we are looking for an
- Day-to-day user support (Win 7 and Win 10)
- Network administration (physical layer, switches)
- Server administration (Hyper-V, Windows server) - flexible
- Integration with international tech support team
- AD administration (accounts, policies)
- Create, maintain, and administer tech inventory for Berlin campus
- Manage tech purchase orders for Berlin campus
- Any other task as communicated from time to time by (Senior) Management
- 2 years IT support experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and infrastructure roles such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, network policies, print and file services
- Know-how in network technology and server administration
- Good communication and team-oriented attitude
- Eye for detail, customer-focused
- Power shell skills a bonus
- Fluent English, knowledge of German and/or Spanish a plus
- Hands-on mentality
We offer you:
- A friendly and dynamic team in an international environment
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin – just round the corner of the Schöneberger Winterfeldt-Kiez
- Lots of opportunity to use own ideas and creative thinking to enhance the campus
Wednesday, 26th of September
Please send your application by e-mail to:
GISMA Business School GmbH
Potsdamer Straße 180/182
GISMA Business School GmbH is a private school with campuses in Hannover and Berlin. GISMA Business School has been offering a range of high quality education and training programmes to executives and young professionals since 1999. Our growing portfolio of programmes include international Masters and MBA Programmes, open, custom, high impact programmes, and language courses. GISMA aspires to become a higher education institution with a global impact through technology enhanced learning and international residencies.
GISMA invites applications from lecturers, interested in the inclusion of a pool of lecturers with the opportunity for incidental teaching if and when required by GISMA. Teaching occurs normally, though not exclusively, in blocks of 4 days (at Hannover or Berlin campus) and/or dissertation supervision. Contracts take into considerations other professional engagements by lecturers. This is not a promise for permanent or regular employment.
Applications are accepted from lecturers with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Management, Strategic Management and Project Management
- Marketing and Branding; Digital Marketing
- Managerial and Information Economics
- Human Resource Management and Organisational Development
- Finance, Accounting, Investment and Venture Capital
- Social Structure, Globalisation, Geopolitics, Intercultural Communication and Ethics
- Business Law
- Information Technology and Management Information Systems
- Social Science Research Methods (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Diversity and (Inter-)Cultural Management
- Business Agility
- Food Production and Alternative Commodities
- International Agribusiness; Production and Processing Technology in Agribusiness
- Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of five years professional experience, preferably with a minimum of three years outside academia
- Preferably a PhD, or equivalent, in a related subject area
- Experience in teaching Master’s/MBA courses; and preferably a teaching qualification
- Fluency in English; knowledge of German and/or French is beneficial
The application package should consist of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of postgraduate courses taught previously, and two contacts (including positions) for recommendation letters. Please merge all documents into one pdf file, indicating your name and submit by e-mail to:
GISMA BERLIN GISMA HANNOVER
Potsdamer Straße 180-182 Goethestraße 18
10783 Berlin 30169 Hannover