Visiting Lecturer (Freelance Contract)
What are we looking for?
The Programme Management Department at GISMA Business School is seeking Visiting Lecturers to teach postgraduate and undergraduate courses, specifically within the disciplines of:
- Business (Strategy, Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Project Management)
- Finance (Accounting, Reporting, Risk Management, Fintech),
- Digital Business (Data Management, Cyber Security, Analytics, Blockchain, Predictive)
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
Building on recent growth across all programmes offered through our institution, we are seeking Visiting Lecturers for teaching posts in Berlin, Hamburg, and Hannover. We are looking for a diverse range of backgrounds and key industry experiences to most successful learning experience in the classroom.
The Visiting Lecturer’s main responsible will include understanding of learning objectives, course material modification and delivery, and creation and marking of student assessments.
The ideal applicant will bring specific industry experiences along with the academic qualifications to hold a Lecturer position. This role will be reporting to the Head of Programmes.
Main Function of Job:
- To deliver teaching services to students in various settings such as virtual or on-campus class sessions.
- To provide students with insight and experiences related to course materials, in line with learning outcomes.
- To create and facilitate assessments/examinations.
- To provide high quality support to both GISMA and the Academic Partner.
- To be responsible for preparation and delivery of course materials in line with academic partner specifications.
- To create and moderate assessments for final exams (a first sit attempt and a re-sit attempt) as well as indicative answer guides.
- To facilitate teaching blocks on specified dates, programme, and location.
- Assisting in validation and marking of assessments and/or examinations.
- Submission of grades and student feedback by deadline specified and agreed.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder will be required to perform other duties assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Higher Education, or related field.
- Experience with dealing with complex queries from both management and leadership.
- Ability to use leaning systems to prepare information for classroom use an accurate and timely manner.
- Previous experience in Higher Education or similar educational institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in international context would also be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office-Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Thorough, accurate, with close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic self-starter and a can do attitude
- Well organised with good time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well within a team and high level of intercultural competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using tact and confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet demands of the role and the communication with the European customers and internal colleagues.
To apply send us your cover letter, CV, academic certificates and work references by email to email@example.com, indicating on the subject line your name and the position for which you are applying. When possible, send all documents as a single PDF file.
For any questions about the position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.