Professor (m/f/d) Software Engineering
GISMA Business School, established in 1999, is a leading university of applied sciences for innovative and creative international business education. Our Global MBA program has been recognized for its excellence through the highly esteemed AMBA accreditation, reinforcing our reputation in the industry. Most recently, we have expanded our programme portfolio into the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science and AI.
Our unique approach combines practical experience in these fields with the development of analytical skills and an understanding of contemporary theories through personalized, hands-on, and interactive learning. Our dedicated faculty and staff are passionate about shaping the careers of our students.
GISMA is part of Global University Systems (GUS), which is represented by over 87,000 students in 57+ locations across the globe, providing students with opportunities for global exposure and a unique learning experience.
- Applicants should have the background to fuel research and teaching in core Software Engineering topics, including programming languages, object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, and database systems, and also some of the subfields, such as software architecture, software development methodologies, software design patterns, software testing techniques, software project management, and software ethics. The ideal candidate is expected to showcase their research expertise, linking these fields with data science, artificial intelligence, and digital business. Some specific examples of existing or planned research in these areas may include examining the ethical implications of software systems, exploring the use of agile development methodologies in software projects, and developing new machine learning systems for use in software development/testing.
- Active participation in programme development and quality assurance.
- Conception, creation, and adaptation of teaching and learning materials.
- Initiate, expand and maintain cooperation with partners in industry and research.
- Participation in accreditation procedures.
- Active participation in academic administration and committee work.
- Participation in student recruitment events.
- Possesses special aptitude for scientific work as evidenced by a Doctorate/PhD with excellent academic standing.
- Have a minimum of three years relevant professional experience with a minimum of two years outside academia after having obtained a master’s degree or equivalent.
- Are experienced in teaching in university classrooms with blended and online approaches. Your students confirm in their evaluations an excellent quality of teaching and pedagogical aptitude.
- Are internationally experienced and fluent in English for teaching and research purposes.
- Can demonstrate significant publications and research experience, ideally including the acquisition of funding.
- Will provide new innovative directions for research and teaching.
- Ideally, are experienced in curriculum development and accreditation processes.
- A permanent, full-time employment contract, including 9 to 18 weekly semester teaching hours.
- A versatile, innovative, and international work environment.
- The opportunity for progression within a dynamic, entrepreneurial university environment.
- Senior responsibilities and creative freedom.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
GISMA is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from women and disabled persons. If you are interested in joining us, we look forward to receiving your detailed online application indicating the area for which you would like to be considered (cover letter, CV, degree certificates, proof of at least two years of work experience outside the higher education sector, research and teaching statement including list of five relevant publications, and two contacts for relevant references), stating your earliest possible start date.
All applications should be addressed to the President and submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please merge all documents into one pdf file, indicating your name and targeted faculty position.