GISMA Business School, founded in 1999, is one of the leading international business schools in Germany. Our approach to education and pedagogy merges business experience and professional practice with the acquisition of analytical skills and contemporary theory through customised, experiential, and interactive learning. Our faculty and staff are passionate about cultivating the careers of students in the fields of business, leadership, data science, and agribusiness. GISMA supports businesses in their internationalisation and digital change processes by preparing students with exactly the qualifications that will be needed to meet future challenges. We have proudly held the AMBA accreditation since 2011, an honour shared by less than 1% of the world’s elite business schools. In Germany, GISMA University of Applied Sciences is a part of Global University Systems (GUS). GUS is represented by more than 80,000 students in twelve countries, and three continents.
To strengthen our team at the brand-new flagship campus in Potsdam, Germany the following position is available immediately on a part-time or full-time basis (permanent contract):
Professor (m/f/d) for Data Engineering
- Module responsibility and teaching of GISMA Bachelor and Master programmes as well as examination, assessments, and student supervision.
- Active participation in programme development and quality assurance.
- Conception, creation and adaptation of teaching and learning materials.
- Initiate, expand and maintain cooperation with partners in industry and research.
- Participation in accreditation procedures.
- Active participation in academic administration and committee work.
- Further development of a personal research profile, publication of results, and other public dissemination activities.
- Participation in student recruitment events.
- Will fulfill the appointment requirements according to Section 41 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act (BbgHG). See the following link: §41 BbgHG.
- Have a minimum of three years relevant professional experience with a minimum of two years outside academia after having obtained a master’s degree or equivalent.
- Are experienced in teaching in university classrooms, with blended and online approaches. Your students confirm in their evaluations an excellent quality of teaching and pedagogical aptitude.
- Have a high affinity for digitalisation topics.
- Are internationally experienced and fluent in English for teaching and research purposes.
- Can demonstrate significant publications.
- Possess research experience, ideally including the acquisition of funding.
- Will provide new innovative directions for research and teaching.
- Ideally, are experienced in curriculum development and accreditation processes.
- A permanent, full-time employment contract, including 9 to 18 weekly semester teaching hours.
- A versatile, innovative and international work environment in cooperation with renowned partner universities and cooperation partners.
- The opportunity for progression within a dynamic, entrepreneurial university environment.
- Senior responsibilities and creative freedom.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
If you are interested in joining us, we look forward to receiving your detailed online application indicating the area for which you would like to be considered (cover letter, CV, degree certificates, research and teaching statement including list of five relevant publications, and two contacts for relevant references), stating your earliest possible start date.
GISMA is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from underrepresented groups, in particular disabled persons who meet the criteria will be given preference.
All applications should be addressed to the President and submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com