For our campus in Berlin, Germany, we are looking for a full-time (40h/week)
Network and System Administrator (m/w/d)
to start immediately.
- Maintain and optimize local company networks, servers and telephony system following the ITIL best practices;
- Be responsible for device and password management;
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls);
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software;
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements;
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk and resolve issues with the global IT team where necessary;
- Manage GISMA contracts with technology vendors (e.g., telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses;
- Develop, implement, and review IT GISMA operational policies and procedures;
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company;
- Ensure the availability of required hardware, software, and other tools necessary for the delivery of high-quality IT service;
- Conduct inspections and oversee maintenance, repair and replacement to ensure IT equipment and workstations are operational;
- Conduct forecasts in order to identify possible future IT challenges and take necessary steps in minimizing risks;
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other relevant technological tools;
- Ensure the security and integrity of information database.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, information science, or in a related computer disciplines, or comparable training;
- At least 5 years of experience in an information technology field;
- Experience in IT operations of IT infrastructure, including servers, operating systems (Windows and Linux), network equipment (e.g. PF Sense Firewalls, router, switches, etc ), telephony, end-user computing including for Microsoft and Mac, managing VM Ware and MS Office 365 ecosystem;
- Able to coordinate the operations of an organization’s IT service unit to achieve set objectives;
- Skilled in operating, installing, and troubleshooting computer systems and network to ensure efficient IT operations;
- Project management and user management experience;
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Communication skills in German and English.
- Being part of a dynamic team in an international work environment
- A workplace in our modern, centrally located campus location in Berlin
- Opportunity for creative input and developing own ideas
- Personal and professional development
Please send your detailed application (cover letter, resume and relevant certificates) including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations, in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in Germany. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Currently all interviews are conducted online.
GISMA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.