Posted 58 day(s) ago
Location: Berlin and travel to other campuses
Reporting to: Director of Student and Campus Support
GISMA Business School founded in 1999, is one of Germany’s top international Business Schools with over 150 staff across 5 locations serving over 500 students across 3 cities in Germany and London, UK.
GISMA is always on top of innovative new trends. It provides a great platform for someone looking for a fast-paced environment, with lots of opportunities of progression across the organisation. It's a unique and diverse company that rewards high-performing individuals who strive to grow personally and professionally.
You will join GISMA in its most exciting phase, poised for growth with new courses, and
continuous geographical expansion.
To support our Accommodation & Student Services Office, we are looking for an
Accommodation Manager for our Berlin Campus.
- Supporting the Student Services Office and Accommodation Team with accommodation applications and inquiries as well as real estate partnership management
- Managing & coordinating the accommodation check in and check out procedure
- Reporting on accommodation occupancy and insuring GISMA accommodation is at full capacity
- Managing, researching, tracking and analysing relevant accommodation data and statistics to constantly update accommodation availability
- Booking & coordinating accommodation options for students & tutors
- Tracking and monitoring accommodation financial flows and bookings (such as rent, deposits etc.)
- Executing move-in and move-outs with tenants, including personal on-boarding
- Constant improvement and streamlining of accommodation processes in close collaboration with the Real Estate Manager and GISMA’s finance team
- Point of contact for agents, business developers, students and the international GISMA team for accommodation issues
- Supporting students & tutors with their accommodation search and rental procedures
- Organising airport pickups for students and tutors
- Administrative on-boarding of students and tracking of residential students
- Develop and make sure staff are aware of policies and procedures related to accommodation.
- Work flexibly, evening and weekend work essential around student move in dates, inductions and other events. Be able to work in a variety of locations and alongside
other teams as required.
- Plan staff rotas and cover duty slots to assist the accommodation team
- Facilitate staff development within the team
- Deal with any HR-related issues and ensure health and safety processes are followed by all staff.
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by the management
- Fluent in English; German language skills is an asset
- Very good knowledge of accommodation booking systems
- Very good knowledge of accommodation financial procedures (payment tracking, payment reminders etc.)
- Preferably first experience in the finance & accommodation sector
- Good knowledge of MS-Office-Programmes (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- High social and intercultural competency
- Detail oriented work ethic
- Being able to word with tight deadlines
- Team player mentality
- Hands-on mentality
- Experience of providing effective advice and signposting within a complex organisation.
- Experience of monitoring and prioritising workloads within the service area and coordinating tasks in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience of prioritising a substantial workload and working accurately to a deadline in a pressurised environment.
- Experience of offering excellent customer service and resolving customer complaints. Experience of working with accommodation provision and knowledge of housing issues.
- Experience of providing advice to young people.
- Experience of providing a service to a variety of client groups.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Professional approach to team working.
- Be able to work in a discrete confidential manner.
What do we offer:
- Being part of a dynamic team in an international work environment
- An office space in the heart of Berlin
- Opportunity for creative input and developing own ideas and strategies
Please address your application to:
Deadline: 31st October 2019