Finance Business Manager
What are we looking for?
Building on recent growth across all areas of the business, we have embarked upon an exciting plan for expansion and diversification. As part of this, we are looking for a Finance Manager, to work within the finance function of the business. The post-holder will be responsible for maintaining the finance function to enable the highest quality of reporting and analysis to be delivered, whilst supporting the School’s strategy.
The ideal applicant will be a qualified accountant who can work as part of a team whilst having a desire to improve processes and implement change, and being adaptable to the business needs of a highly commercial environment. You will have a strong understanding of financial transactions but also have the ability to challenge the status quo where improvements and processes can be improved upon. You will also be able to provide insight and commentary into the monthly management accounts that will be presented to the Board.
Main Function of Job:
- To assist in the accounting of the Business School, supporting and strengthening the Finance function from a financial and systems perspective.
- To be responsible for School’s financial transactions, ensuring that all processing is accurate and on time and meets all statutory requirements
- To assist with the finance systems to improve processes and keep up to date with legislation
- To provide high quality business support for finance in respect of control and reporting services, which are effective and efficient.
- To assist with the day to day responsibilities of the finance team.
- To be responsible for the production of the cashflow forecast for the business, co-ordinating spend and receipts with the various teams within finance and the business.
- To ensure that the annual budget, the periodic forecasts and the development of the strategic business plans are based on robust assumptions that reflect the current performance, the initiatives, and the overall strategy of the business, as well as the general economic and market environment.
- Provide analysis on the financial status of individual projects and the combined programs. Monitoring program cost drivers, work instructions, and identifying saving opportunities.
- To assist where necessary in the day to day accounting transactions ensuring that the relevant actions are taken, postings made and reconciling items at month end are minimal.
- Develop and maintain program EAC (Estimate at Complete) forecast.
- To ensure that all financial analysis and reports are provided in an accurate and timely manner and provide management with realistic view of the program operation’s financial position showing all risks and opportunities to the business.
- To prepare customised reports as required in order to facilitate decision making, income generation and cost control.
- To analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and processes through accurate financial information.
- Maintains financial project orders and work instructions, developing new ones as required.
- To assist in the implementation of new processes, procedures and improvements as required to ensure that the financial information meets the demands of the business.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder will be required to perform other duties assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
- Qualified Accountant or degree level equivalent required.
- 5 years accounting experience with experience in a multi-site environment advantageous. Higher Education or similar educational institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in international context would also be beneficial.
- Desired knowledge and practical experience of Expertise related financial applications like Datev and/or Unit4 (Agresso).
- Knowledge of successful project implementations and improving financial programs within an organization.
- Superior knowledge of Advanced Accounting Principles and confidence to provide advice to Program leadership.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office-Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines and to organize and prioritize accordingly.
- Thorough, accurate, with close attention to detail.
- Energetic self-starter and a can do attitude.
- Drive best practice through continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work well within a team and high level of intercultural competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using tact and confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other campuses as required by the business.
If you are interested in joining an international team, please send your salary expectation, CV and covering letter in English over to Vivian Wong (Recruitment Advisor) on: email@example.com