What are we looking for
Building on recent growth across all areas of the business, we have embarked upon an exciting plan for expansion and diversification. As part of this, we are looking for a Finance Assistant, to work as part of the finance function of our Berlin campus. The post-holder will be responsible for invoicing and allocating payments on behalf of the business to ensure that all payments are accounted for in a timely manner, whilst supporting the School’s strategy and values.
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar accounting function who can work as part of a team whilst being able to use their own initiative, and being adaptable to the business needs of a highly commercial environment. You will have good understanding of financial transactions but also have the ability to use their own initiative and work alongside a busy business department. This role will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
Main Function of Job:
- To be responsible for invoicing students fees and correctly recording in the systems.
- To set up instalments payment plans on the system
- To support students through the payment process and ensuring that all payments are allocated correctly to the systems
- To provide high quality support to both the business, finance and the students in respect of fees and receipts.
- To be responsible for raising invoices for various elements of the business, ensuring that all invoices are correctly allocated to the system against each debtor account.
- To run a daily report from the payment portals and post the daily receipts accurately to the student debtor account. This requires following a pre-defined process to input the transactions into the financial system. To advise the internal departments of payment received and those still outstanding.
- To accurately add payment instalment plans where required to the student accounts as per the defined process.
- To answer payment queries by written communication in English to help students understand the payment process and invoices raised, and also enable the student to pay their charges in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all records of student contact is kept up to date within the systems so that correct student can be obtained and so there is an accurate audit trail for each debtor.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder will be required to perform other duties assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
- Part Qualifed Accountant or degree level equivalent required.
- Experience with dealing with complex queries from both customers and business
- Ability to use financial systems to prepare information for forward use in an accurate and timely manner.
- Previous accounting experience in a similar organization structure with experience in a multi-site environment advantageous. Higher Education or similar educational institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in international context would also be beneficial.
- Good understanding of processing and reconciling of accounting transactions.
- Desired knowledge and practical experience of Expertise related financial applications like Datev and/or Unit4 (Agresso)
- Good knowledge of MS-Office-Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Thorough, accurate, with close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic self-starter and a can do attitude
- Well organised with good time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well within a team and high level of intercultural competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using tact and confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement
Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet demands of the role and the communication with the European customers and internal colleagues.
If you are interested in joining an international team, please send your salary expectation, CV and covering letter in English over to Vivian Wong (Recruitment Advisor) on: email@example.com