Director Academic Affairs
GISMA Business School was founded in 1999 and is one of the leading international business schools in Germany. GISMA currently employs over 100 staff in 5 locations and has over 500 students enrolled in 3 cities in Germany and London, UK.
GISMA follows innovative trends in their evolution, and provides a great platform for those interested in a fast-paced environment that offers many opportunities for development within a company. It is a unique and diverse company that promotes high-performing personalities who want to develop personally and professionally. You will find an exciting company that continuously invests in the expansion in terms of content and geography.
- Coordinate and develop existing degree programs in collaboration with our international academic partners and be responsible for creating new academic programs and curricula.
- Further development of our quality assurance systems: Documentation and optimization of existing and new academic processes. Monitoring of local processes within the due diligence and validation processes of the cooperation partners.
- Close cooperation with legal institutions and ministries in the registration and implementation of study programmes; in particular, preparation of national and international accreditations and recognitions.
- Support and control of admission procedures in cooperation with our international university partners.
- Controlling HR processes in the recruitment and hiring of new teaching staff and, if necessary, academic staff; further expansion of our pool of guest lecturers.
- Close cooperation with teaching staff, including annual planning of teaching, timetables and general support.
- Development and establishment of a cross-campus Academic Office, which takes over tasks such as the scheduling of lecturers, courses and programmes, supporting events (from orientation to completion), the development of course material and the academic supervision of students.
- Ongoing cooperation and coordination with the relevant actors and representatives of the academic committees of GISMA Business School in central strategic and organizational planning and development.
- Close cooperation with representatives of the owner company Global University Systems (GUS) in areas such as strategy development, reporting and quality assurance, process development and improvement.
- Department management for all members of the study department (admissions, program administration, student advisors, etc.).
- The minimum requirement is a Master's degree (preferably higher).
- Several years of experience in working at universities or similar educational or research institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in an international context.
- Good networks within the German and international higher education sector (experience with British universities desirable).
- Several years of experience in personnel management.
- Personal initiative, above-average enthusiasm and a clear commitment to cooperation with communicative and social skills in flat hierarchies.
- Proof of sound experience in the field of learning and teaching.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English; knowledge of another language desirable.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Very good time management with the ability to set priorities.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a team and a high degree of intercultural competence.
- High level of social competence and resilience.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, acting and deciding.
- Resilient and flexible.
If you are interested in joining an international team, please send your salary expectations, resume and cover letter in English as a PDF file to Ilana Erlikh, Director of Business & Revenue Transformation, email@example.com
Please note: Candidates must have a work permit for Germany.