Healthcare Management BA (Hons)
This course is delivered and awarded by Arden University at the Arden Study Centre Berlin.
Arden University’s BA (Hons) Healthcare management course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a management-level position in a healthcare-related environment. This course is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a confident healthcare professional, covering the three main themes of Professional Environment and Practice, Operations and Quality Management and Leadership and Management. Students will acquire a range of key skills in different areas of healthcare, allowing you to progress in your current career or kick start a new one.
You’ll study in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education.
According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Flexible payment plans available* - please see the fees and funding tab.
This programme is designed, delivered and awarded by Arden University, a UK university regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government. Arden has helped 50,000 students succeed over 26 years of supporting higher education learners around the world. 96% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduating.*
*2016/17 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE)
4.2 out of 5 stars - Arden University are highly rated by their students.
This programme is for anyone looking to gain knowledge and tools that could lead to a range of successful careers such as a professional practitioner, manager, or leader in Health and Social Care. The programme is essentially aimed at people who are highly organized, hard-working and passionate about helping others.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden University's innovative distance learning techniques mix traditional face to face classes with the flexibility of online studying. You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries. Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams. In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own student support coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
Students will develop skills needed to become a successful leader in this increasingly important industry, gaining a grounded insight into fundamentally vita aspects such as the social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare. Additional areas covered include financial control, budgeting, business analysis and planning.
- Skills for learning in care
- Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
- Communication and collaboration in managing the professional environment
- Meeting the needs of service users
- Planning & managing resources
- Fostering dignity and respect
- Financial control & budgeting
- Performance improvement and management in health and social Care
- Public health
- Health promotion
- Inter-agency working in care delivery
- Leading teams in health and social care
- Quality management in a care setting
- Business analysis and planning
- Global health and sustainability
- Project management & risk
- Research methods & final project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
- The Healthcare Management BA (Hons) course aims at providing the skills and tools you would need to gain a managerial position in the healthcare field.
- Enable students to gain a fundamental understanding the ever-changing, and often challenging environment of healthcare.
- Facilitating student’s opportunities to explore the different areas of healthcare management, all of which play crucial roles in the successful operation of services in the industry.
- The blended learning element provides high-quality 21st century learning with both face-to-face and online learning taking place.
- Prepare students to make informed decisions from a managerial position in the healthcare field.
Having completed this degree, graduates will have a wide variety of options for roles they can succeed in. These include, but are not limited to,
- Care manager
- Health service manager
- Charity officer
- Health promotion specialist
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit**
- Excellent employment prospects*
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
* To become fully qualified within the Healthcare industry in Germany, you may be required to take an additional German course and examination which is approved by local authorities and accredited by relevant German institutions and associations.
** For more information please visit our section for International students.
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
A deposit of €1,000 is required to begin with.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
- Key Facts
- Fees and Funding
- Entry Requirements
Key factsStudy Modes : Full-time
Location : Arden Study Centre Berlin, Germany
Duration : 3 years
Intakes : Sep 2019
Fees : 8000 €
Please contact an advisor today for more information.
Click here for full terms and conditions.