Criminology and Psychology BA (Hons)
The Criminology and Psychology BA (Hons) is designed and awarded by Arden University UK and delivered at the Arden Study Centre Berlin.
Arden University's BA (Hons) Criminology and Psychology course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to explore careers including human resource, teaching, government, and police force among others. The course is ideal for anyone interested in understanding theories about crime and explanatory factors and how society responds to crime and deviance. The course will see you studying multiple areas including the justice system, law, and more. Throughout this course you will be asked to consider the best methodology as well as ethics in all work that you do yourself or when researching the work of others. The blended learning element provides high-quality 21st century learning with both face-to-face and online learning taking place.
You’ll study in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education.*
*According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Flexible payment plans available* - please see the fees and funding tab.
This programme is designed, delivered and awarded by Arden University, a UK university regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government. Arden has helped 50,000 students succeed over 26 years of providing higher education to students around the world. 96% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduating.*
*2016/17 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE)
4.2 out of 5 stars - Arden University are highly rated by their students.
This programme is for anyone looking to understand how the criminal justice system (CJS) works in England and Wales and gain deep knowledge on the law of the land. You will analyse these legal processes including the implications of discrimination which may exist in the CJS. This is a fascinating degree that will also see you dipping into a range of different disciplines. If you have a real passion for community safety and crime prevention that you would enjoy exploring further, this is the course for you. After completing the degree, students will have the option to pursue further study in Psychology with the aim to becoming a qualified Psychologist.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden University's innovative distance learning techniques mix traditional face to face classes with the flexibility of online studying. You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries. Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams. In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own student support coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
In total there are 17 modules across this course. You will be introduced to modules in psychology, criminology, cybercrime, contemporary debates in criminology as well as a module on the criminal justice system. Your final module will be a research project that will allow students to apply the skills they have learned throughout the programme in an area they want to specialise in.
Your studies will see you evaluating the work of prominent thinkers in this field as well as assessing more contemporary arguments. Students will learn about criminology from its beginnings in the 1700s, the basic structure and functions of the nervous system, theories and debates of personality and intelligence and how cybercrime has more than doubled in the UK since 2015.
- Skills for interdisciplinary study
- Introduction to social and developmental psychology
- Introduction to biological and cognitive psychology
- Crime and society
- Criminal Justice System
- Key studies in psychology
- Research and ethics in action
- Personality and intelligence
- Social psychology
- Contemporary debates in criminology
- Environmental criminology
- Policing and police Powers
- Research planning and project
- Contemporary developmental psychology
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Youth justice
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
- Enable students to gain a fundamental understanding of social, cognitive and biological psychology
- Introduction to the Criminal Justice System across England and Wales
- Consider research methodology and ethics in all work students do
- Allow students to discover and learn about the impact of contemporary debates within this field
- Carry out an individual research project in an area of interest
Having completed this degree, graduates will have a wide variety of career options they can explore. These include, but are not limited to:
- Human resources
- Prison system
- Police force
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living***
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit**
- Excellent employment prospects*
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
* To become fully qualified within the Healthcare industry in Germany, you may be required to take an additional German course and examination which is approved by local authorities and accredited by relevant German institutions and associations.
** For more information please visit our section for International students.
*** By Top Universities in 2018.
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
A deposit of €1,000 is required to begin with.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
- Key Facts
- Fees and Funding
- Entry Requirements
Key factsStudy Modes : Full-time
Location : Arden Study Centre Berlin
Duration : 3 years
Intakes : Sep 2019
Fees : 8000 € per year
Please contact an advisor today for more information.
Click here for full terms and conditions.