Human Resource Management and Psychology BA (Hons)
The Human Resource Management and Psychology BA (Hons) is designed and awarded by Arden University UK and delivered at GISMA’s Berlin campus.
Are you interested in the influence of psychology on business? If you want to learn how to get the best out of people then what better subject to learn alongside HR than psychology. You will explore areas such as law, social sciences, and business and you will also understand how external factors all play a part in these areas too. If corporate culture, hierarchy and organisation all fascinate you, this course would be ideal for you.
You’ll study in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education.
According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Flexible payment plans available* - please see the fees and funding tab.
This programme is designed, delivered and awarded by Arden University, a UK university regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government. Arden has helped 50,000 students succeed over 26 years of providing higher education to students around the world. 96% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduating.*
*2016/17 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE)
4.2 out of 5 stars - Arden University are highly rated by their students.
This programme is for those interested in the influence of psychology on business and want to learn how to get the best out of people in an organisational setting. Human behaviour also takes up a large chunk of the course content and you will also be exploring psychology within non-western cultures to give you a wider insight into the world we live in.
This course has a slice of everything, law, social sciences, and business and you will also understand how external factors all play a part in these areas too. If corporate culture, hierarchy and organisation all fascinate you, this course would be ideal for you.
Towards the end of your course, you will also be able to conduct independent research into an area of your choice.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden University's innovative distance learning techniques mix traditional face to face classes with the flexibility of online studying. You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries. Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams. In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own student support coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
Year 1 (Level 4)
- English legal system and contract law
- Understanding the business environment
- Introduction to social and developmental psychology
- Introduction to biological and cognitive psychology
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Research and ethics in action
- Personality and intelligence
- Planning human resource
- Managing across cultures
- Managing change in organisations
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Occupational psychology
- Employment law
- Strategic issues in human resource management
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Research planning and project
- To equip students with the essential skills and tools to work innovatively and professionally in a range of commercial and non-commercial situations; and to be creative and professional practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- To enable students to appreciate how human resource management theory and practice is informed by the theory and practice of psychology; and vice versa.
After completing the course, graduates have a wide variety of management and professional positions to choose from, with job opportunities in fields that value people-management skills such as recruitment and human resources. Positions that graduates can take up include human resource manager, recruitment consultant, careers advisor, among others. Graduates can also choose to embark on postgraduate study and pursue a master’s or MBA degree.
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit**
- Excellent employment prospects
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
** For more information please visit our section for International students.
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
A deposit of €1,000 is required to begin with.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
- Key Facts
- Fees and Funding
- Entry Requirements
Key factsStudy Modes : Full-time
Location : Arden Study Centre Berlin, Germany
Duration : 3 years
Intakes : Sep 2019
Fees : 8000 €
Please contact an advisor today for more information.
Click here for full terms and conditions.