Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)
This course is delivered and awarded by Arden University at the Arden Study Centre Berlin.
This course will provide you with essential financial and management accounting skills, as well as a strong, broad and practical knowledge of the world of finance. The overall aim of the programme is to enable students to acquire the skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors. By the end of the three years, students should have developed a range of transferable skills that will assist them throughout the careers they choose.
You’ll study in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education^.
According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Flexible payment plans available* - please see the fees and funding tab.
This programme is designed, delivered and awarded by Arden University, a UK university regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government. Arden has helped 50,000 students succeed over 26 years of providing higher education to students around the world. 96% of graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduating.*
*2016/17 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE)
4.2 out of 5 stars - Arden University are highly rated by their students.
This programme is aimed at anyone seeking a career in accounting and finance. This course will provide you with key skills in financial reporting and management accounting, and knowing how to apply these to inform good financial decision making in real business situations.
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit**
- Excellent employment prospects
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
* To become fully qualified as an Accountant within Germany, you may be required to take an additional German course and examination which is approved by local authorities and accredited by relevant German institutions and associations.
** For more information please visit our section for International students.
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden University's innovative distance learning techniques mix traditional face to face classes with the flexibility of online studying. You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries. Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams. In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own student support coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
You will be able to develop personal and management skills through working up and practicing leading a team.
Year 1 (Level 4):
- Financial accounting
- Cost accounting
- Developing personal and management skills
- Business maths
- Understanding the business environment
- Managing information systems
Year 2 (Level 5):
- Business law
- British tax system
- Accounting and audit framework
- Financial reporting
- Management accounting
- Decision making
Year 3 (Level 6):
- Financial management
- Professional, statutory and current accounting issues
- Research methods & dissertation
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change
- Enable students to develop professional-level skills and understanding across a range of accounting related disciplines.
- Enable students to acquire the knowledge, understanding and also practical skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, at a local, national and global level.
- Promote an understanding of the key aspects of current practice and the interconnectedness of key areas within the field of accountancy.
- Equip students with the essential employability skills and tools to work ethically and professionally in a business environment and to be effective practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others.
- Provide an intellectually stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as independent learners and as members of an international community of learners and thereby inspire students to become lifelong learners.
Upon completion of this undergraduate qualification, you will be prepared to enter a variety of business, financial and accounting roles. Candidates equipped with a solid understanding of business management as well as financial knowledge and accounting skills are highly valued to many employers.
Some roles you might consider are:
- Finance Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Tax Advisor
A deposit of €1,000 is required to begin with.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
- Key Facts
- Fees and Funding
- Entry Requirements