MSc Data Analytics and Finance
This course is delivered and awarded by Arden University at GISMA's campus in Berlin.
Big Data is going to be worth $102bn by 2019 according to IDC research which means organisations will need skilled analysts to maximise the opportunities it has to offer. This MSc Data Analytics and Finance will help you develop the core skills and competencies in the area of applied data analytics that you can apply within a financial management environment. You will become proficient in analysing complex data and will develop an understanding of corporate financial reporting. You’ll study in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education^.
^According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
This programme is designed, delivered and awarded by Arden University, a UK university regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government. Arden has helped 50,000 students succeed over 26 years of providing higher education to students around the world. In 2015, Arden’s Student Survey found that 79% of students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies.
4.2 out of 5 stars - Arden University are highly rated by their students.
This programme is for those interested in entering a strategic financial role within any field of business.
Ideal for anyone wanting expert knowledge in the field. Data analytics is a valued skill and the financial industry is heavily regulated. Having a firm grasp of data analytics will set any ambitious individual apart in the 21st century.
You will learn using traditional texts alongside podcasts, webinars (online seminars), and interactive knowledge-checks to keep you engaged, focused, and motivated throughout your studies. In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own student support coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
This programme will enhance your qualitative and quantitative accounting, corporate financial reporting and data analytics skills. Ultimately, it will ensure you make informed strategic financial decisions based upon your expert analytical knowledge.
- Ability to critically analyse data gathering for a specific purpose
- Critical approach to data
- Developing skills in the use of data analysis tools
Data Handling and Decision Making
- Ability to evaluate the outcome of data analytics
- Critically appreciate the role of data in making decisions
- Select and apply quantitative techniques to support decision making
Data Visualisation and Interpretation
- Ability to evaluate data in order to make decisions
- Critically analyse data for effective communications
- Articulate reasoned evidence to justify conclusions and recommendations
Business Modelling for Decision Making
- Developing strategic decisions within a business environment
- Build professional skills to perform effectively in a financial environment
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes
- Develop financial knowledge
- Build skills to operate within a financial environment
- Raise awareness of current developments in the world of finance
Reporting Corporate Performance
- Work collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills for an effective corporate communications
- Understanding the principles of financial and business reporting
- Analyse complex problems and requirements
- Systematically synthesise and evaluate a range of potential solutions
- Developing research skills on specific projects
- Excellent employment prospects
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
After studying for this MSc Data Analytics and Finance programme you will be well equipped to enter a strategic role in the IT sector, or to take your data manipulation skills to a non-IT specialist position.
The type of job roles you might explore are
- Financial Data Analyst
- Senior Financial Manager
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker
- Quantitative Analyst
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Senior Data Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer
A deposit of €2,000.00 is required to begin with.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across three instalments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €3,000.
Current total fees : €15,000.0
Fees with early bird discount: €12,000.0
Instalments with early-bird discount applied:
- 1st instalment of €3,500 payable within 14 days of the course start date
- 2nd instalment €3,500 payable within 3 months of the 1st instalment
- 3rd instalment of €3,000 payable within 6 months of the 1st instalment
*Terms and conditions apply. Read more here.
"Blended learning with Arden is very good, and helps me combine both work and study as I live in Lambeth in south-east London. The course has helped me in my career because it has given me the confidence to take on promotion and change jobs."
Cemene Wellington, BA (Hons) Healthcare - Blended Learning
- Key Facts
- Fees and Funding
- Entry Requirements
Key factsStudy Modes : Full-time / Part-time
Location : Berlin, Hannover
Duration : Full-time 12 months / Part-time 24 months
Intakes : February/April 2019
Fees : 15,000.0 €
ECTS: 90 (180 UK Credits)