Boardroom Global Challenge
This is a practical hands-on programme which develops experience and simulates the challenges within a board room environment. Crucial for anyone aspiring to a board room position or as a refresher programme.
NEXT START DATE:19 to 22 November 2018; 8 to 11 January 2019 CAMPUS: Bloomsbury Campus - The University of Law FEES: £3,000
This programme is based on a simulation, in which participants are offered the opportunity to become leaders of multinational companies for the timespan of six years. Teams compete with each other within a global, simulated environment, using a 50-page storybook. Participants will have the chance to replicate pioneering brands. They will also develop portfolios on several markets of their choice. This programme aims to produce high-skilled managers who aspire to work in an international environment. It will also be of interest to those with functional responsibilities in specific areas. For instance, one intention of the programme will be to develop fluency and self-confidence to discuss issues and to provide solutions.
GISMA Business School London is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) as a short-course provider.
- Benefit from over 40 case studies to simulate real boardroom environments
- Practical hands-on course to develop the skills and confidence to succeed
- Networking opportunities for participants
- Gain a UK-German corporate sector perspective
- Tutors with an international working mindset
- Considerable corporate, entrepreneurship and consulting experience
- Central London campus with professional facilities
- Ranked a top city for students*
- Centre for academic and professional excellence
- Global capital for financial services
- Competitive environment to learn from peers
- Multicultural environment
- Access to a rich cultural life of museums, theatres, cinemas and restaurants
*QS Best Student Cities 2018
This programme is specifically designed for multinational and international corporate middle managers, IT budget holders, project directors, government employees in corporate-facing roles, NGO’s and policy makers and management consultants.
By the end of the programme, participants will have a clear understanding of complex business situations, they will be able to review variables at both macro and micro-economic level and they will understand the global financial environment in which the multinational operates. Participants will develop skills on a simulated 5-10 year scale and will be able to learn more about the strategies that are necessary to face changing economic situations. Delegates will be able to analyse data-driven insights and use them to communicate, persuade and motivate change within a decision-making group. The programme will provide participants with the opportunity to effectively put into practice the acquired knowledge, in order to produce accurate analysis and make key decisions with time constraints.
The Boardroom Global Challenge programme allows participants to gain a deeper understanding of complex business situations, familiarise themselves with key financial and non-financial concepts, and use data-driven insights to be able to communicate and persuade within a business environment.
- Gain a better understanding of complex business situations
- Practice leadership in a multinational organisation simulation
- Understand key financial and non-financial terms and concepts
- Plan and understand financial and non-financial issues
- Understand, research and evaluate markets
- Produce portfolios and presentations; sharpen listening skills
- Learn how to analyse data-driven insights in order to communicate, persuade and motivate change
You can check if you need to apply for a visa prior to entering the UK by visiting here.
To complete the visa check correctly, please follow these steps:
1) Select your nationality: make sure to choose the same nationality as shown on your passport
2) Select the purpose of your trip: if you are participating in the short term courses, please select Study
3) Select the duration of your stay: if you are participating in the short term courses, please select 6 months or less
4) Receive results and take the next steps
Your visa check results
If you are a non-visa national:
You do not need a visa to enter the UK and can get permission to enter the UK as on the short-term student route.
However, please be aware that you should still be able to provide specific documents to the immigration officer when entering the country.
If you are a visa national:
You need a visa to enter the UK and can get permission to enter the UK with a Short-term study visa.
For more information on how to apply and what documents are needed, please refer to https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa
You will need to fill out an online visa application, prepare specific application documents, and attend an in-person interview.
Necessary application documents generally include:
- Valid travel document (national passport or other document that allows the holder to travel internationally)
- Passport needs a blank on both sides for your visa and must be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.
- Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel
- Proof of leaving the UK at the end of your course
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Recent bank statements
- Proof of Income
- Letter of Guarantee from a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of your visit)
- Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying or your right to reside there is not included in your passport
- Details of employment where you have stated in your application that you are employed such as
- Letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role, salary and length of employment
- If self-employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading
- Enrolment/ Course Description letter from GISMA Business School London
- If possible, proof of secure accommodation in the UK
Click here to receive step-by-step visa advice.
Please be aware that you will need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
Also make sure to always check on the official UK Immigration Website prior to your interview for recent updates regarding the application procedure and necessary documents.
- Key facts
- Fees & funding
- Entry requirements
Study Modes: Full-time
Duration: Eight days over 2 sessions
Location: Bloomsbury Campus - The University of Law
Next start date: 19 to 22 November 2018; 8 to 11 January 2019