Gisma University of Applied Sciences, first established in 1999 as GISMA Business School, is a leading university of applied sciences for innovative and creative international business, technology, and engineering innovation. Our Global MBA programme has been recognized for its excellence through the highly esteemed AMBA accreditation, reinforcing our reputation in the industry. Most recently, we have expanded our programme portfolio into the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, and AI.
Our unique approach combines practical experience in these fields with the development of analytical skills and an understanding of contemporary theories through personalized, hands-on, and interactive learning. Our dedicated faculty and staff are passionate about shaping the careers of our students.
Gisma is part of Global University Systems (GUS), which is represented by over 87,000 students in 57+ locations across the globe, providing students with opportunities for global exposure and a unique learning experience.
To strengthen our team at the flagship campus in Potsdam, Germany, a programme consultant (m,f,d) position is available immediately.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
• Account Managing EU and NON-EU student’s applications from original enquiry to payment of tuition fees.
• Providing individually tailored advice to all prospective students via different channels e.g. e-mail, phone, MS Teams video call, face2face.
• Exploring possible career paths for students and matching it with Gisma programmes.
• For international students: advising/ making student aware of visa, immigration challenges and compliance.
• Building sustainable relationships with potential students by creating commonalities to gain trust and engage potential students.
• Lead or take part in webinars, on campus events or campus tours.
• Provide outstanding customer service to all students, and all stakeholders, which is timely and efficient, and encourages students to choose Gisma.
• Portraying a positive and professional image of Gisma at all times. Generating a positive and sought after image of Gisma.
The ideal candidate should …
• be confident, highly intrinsically motivated, positive-minded, organized, thorough with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• have the desire to keep improving their skills to excel personally and professionally.
• have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced and target-driven environment.
• have the ability to work as a team and know that teamwork makes the dream work.
• have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build sustainable relationships.
• is customer focused and puts the customer first • have great organizational and task management skills.
• have excellent negotiating skills • have experience in B2C sales and in implementing key account processes as well as a passion for and/or experience in the education sector.
• have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (desirable are also excellent verbal and written communication skills in German at B2- level or above).
• be an expert in Excel, Word and Power Point and have excellent presentation skills.
• have experience in working with customers/leads with diverse backgrounds and customs.
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
• Desirable: A relevant sales qualification If you don’t fulfil all of the above-mentioned criteria but are interested in applying and feel that you would do well in this role, please feel free to get in touch anyway. We like to meet confident, driven and positive-minded people with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
Please submit your detailed application (cover letter, resume and relevant certificates), including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in Germany and be fluent in German and English. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Gisma is an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or legally protected status.
For any questions about the position please contact us at email@example.com.