Director Student and Campus Support
GISMA Business School was founded in 1999 and is one of the leading international business schools in Germany. GISMA currently employs over 100 staff in 5 locations and has over 500 students enrolled in 3 cities in Germany and London, UK.
GISMA follows innovative trends in their evolution, and provides a great platform for those interested in a fast-paced environment that offers many opportunities for development within a company. It is a unique and diverse company that promotes high-performing personalities who want to develop personally and professionally.
You will find an exciting company that continuously invests in the expansion in terms of content and geography.
- Leadership, Management and Strategic Development of GISMA Student Support and Campus Services (including Facilities, Compliance & Visa, Accommodation, Pastoral Services, Reception, Events).
- Planning, Control and Optimisation of all matters related to ensure the smooth running of a campus (excluding academic matters) for all partners for both the GISMA Business School and Language School.
- Line Management for all members of the Administrative Department (such as Accommodation, Compliance and Visa, Facilities, Pastoral Care, Campus Operations (Berlin)).
- Establishment of Student Support Structures, and employment and training of personnel at other campuses such as Hamburg, Hanover and London.
- Support with Market Analyses regarding student satisfaction, admissions statistics, conversion rates and retention; continuing enhancement for best possible service.
- Development of a Student Support Strategy catering for the needs of predominantly international students.
- Working closely with the Director Operations to ensure the local campus needs (i.e., HR, Budget, IT, facilities, etc.) are met.
- Representation of the School to external bodies; and partake in negotiations with external support providers and services.
- Providing Leadership to the Planning, Supporting and (Co-)Hosting of Campus, Extra-curricular, Executive Education and Networking events.
- Oversight of Processes and Procedures, as well as Compliance to GDPR and Safeguarding policies.
- Working closely with fellow senior members of GISMA staff as well as representatives of the owner’s company Global University Systems (GUS) in areas such as strategy development, reporting and quality assurance process development and enhancement.
- The minimum requirement is a Master's degree (preferably higher).
- Several years of experience in working at universities or similar educational or research institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in an international context.
- Good networks within the German and international higher education sector (experience with British universities desirable).
- Several years of experience in personnel management.
- Personal initiative, above-average enthusiasm and a clear commitment to cooperation with communicative and social skills in flat hierarchies.
- Proof of sound experience in the field of learning and teaching.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English; knowledge of another language desirable.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Very good time management with the ability to set priorities.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a team and a high degree of intercultural competence.
- High level of social competence and resilience.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, acting and deciding.
- Resilient and flexible.
If you are interested in joining an international team, please send your salary expectations, resume and cover letter in English as a PDF file to Ilana Erlikh, Director of Business & Revenue Transformation, email@example.com
Please note: Candidates must have a work permit for Germany.