Standing fourth in the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings of 2018, Germany is one of the most popular destinations for students looking to pursue higher education abroad.
The decision to study abroad can be an exciting but overwhelming experience for many reasons, including coping with tuition fees and living expenses. However, with the right financial support from an educational institution, you can pursue a master’s degree at an affordable price.
Financing options available to students in Germany with GISMA Business School
German institutions, such as GISMA Business School, have plenty of options for student to finance their studies, including:
- Flexible Payment Plans: This allows students to pay their tuition fees in parts, instead of paying the whole sum in one go. Various options are available for students depending on the course they are taking and the college they are studying at. It involves a low initial deposit, after which payments can be made in parts, with a first instalment to be paid within seven days, second within three months and third within six months of joining the course.
- Scholarships: To help students with their course fees, universities can also offer various scholarships. The following are some of the partial scholarship opportunities offered at GISMA:
- Principal’s Scholarship for Entrepreneurship: This scholarship is awarded on the basis of a student’s Personal Statement. This statement is a document where students describe their past ventures that portray entrepreneurial spirit, which could be anything from devising a project plan to operating a small business. The scholarship is awarded to students who exhibit exceptional entrepreneurial skills and the intellect to translate their vision into a reality.
- Exceptional Career Scholarship: The criteria for this scholarship also depends on a student’s Personal Statement. Students will be required to elaborate on why they chose a particular course and how it will affect their personal and professional growth. They should also highlight their past career experiences and emphasise their professional achievements.
- Women in Business Scholarship: The statement for this scholarship must focus on career goals, prior achievements and events where students have demonstrated leadership potential. It is awarded to women who have extraordinary career experiences and can show how their chosen course will affect their career growth.
- Academic Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have a record of excellent academic talent or a high GMAT score and exceptional social skills. In their statement, prospective students must describe events that show their academic success, leadership potential and social aptitude.
- Rector’s Scholarship: Students with a professional or academic background who have come from an underrepresented region should consider this scholarship. Apart from describing their academic and professional achievements, students must elaborate on how their intellect and knowledge resonates with what the course has to offer. This scholarship provides opportunities for everyone with the ability and determination regardless of their religion, race or other aspects. Thanks to this scholarship, students also benefit from having more of a mixed cohort because of cultural exchanges during the classroom and beyond the lectures.
- Family Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to applicants who are the immediate or extended family of current or former students. Candidates should explain how their family member’s experience at the college helped them decide their career path and the university they are applying for.
These scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding body and the scholarship amount is decided by the university or institution. In order to gain a scholarship, students are required to apply for it at the same time as enrolling for a course or after applying for their degree.