We recognise that choosing a university and studying overseas can be one of the most important decisions you will make. Our Student Recruitment Team is here to help you study in Germany at GISMA.
Germany is a well-regarded, vibrant state, known for its cosmopolitan outlook and roaring economy. There are plenty of employment opportunities here for students and graduates; and with a high standard of living, international students can expect to live comfortably and safely.
There are also efficient transport links, allowing you to explore all of Germany’s cities. Students will always have something to do, especially as Germany has many year-round popular events.
- Students within the European Union (including Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) do not require a German student visa.
- Students from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, and South Korea also do not need a visa to study in Germany. However, you will need to register at the local Residents’ Registration Office and the Aliens’ Registration Office (Ausländeramt) to obtain a residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) within two weeks of arrival in the country.
- If you are from a country not listed above, you will need a student visa for Germany. You must apply for this in the local German embassy or consulate in your home country.
For more up to date information, check here
Once you receive your admissions letter, you can apply for a student visa immediately. This visa is usually issued for a period of 90 days. If you have to stay more than 3 months, you MUST apply at the Alien Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) in the city where the university is located to get the proper Residence Permit: “Aufenthaltstitel/Aufenthaltsgenehmigung”.
For more information about German visa regulations, click here.
For more information concerning the visa process at the German consulate in your home country, click here.
Once you complete your postgraduate studies, you are able to apply for a post-study work visa for up to 18 months. This gives you the opportunity to use the skills you developed at GISMA in the German labour market. We also have a dedicated Careers Department so you can hit the ground running.
You can start your accommodation process at GISMA once you receive your visa and book your flight ticket. We will then allocate a place for you. The process is as follows:
- The “Accommodation & Airport Pick-Up Application form” can be completed here.
- After you send your application, you will receive an accommodation offer after a minimum of two weeks.
- Your offer will include: a description of the accommodation, local area, and costs (rent, deposits, accommodation fee, etc.). If you decline our offer, you will only receive one more
- If you accept, you will receive booking confirmation - including payment details from your landlord.
- If you request Airport Pick-Up in your application, you will also receive confirmation for this.
Please note: help with your accommodation is not offered as part of your programme fees.
We have partnered with top European business schools and universities in the United Kingdom to offer a range of scholarship opportunities and flexible payment plans. For more information, click here.
Our fee programmes range from €15,000 to €33,000.
With our postgraduate programmes, you will gain invaluable client-facing skills to successfully meet interpersonal and cross-cultural challenges.
- The Magellan MBA
- Grenoble MBA
- Grenoble MIB
- Grenoble MSc Marketing Management
- Grenoble MSc Innovation, Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- MSc International Marketing
- MSc Corporate Financial Management
- MSc Leadership and Human Resource Management
- MSc Strategic Business Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc IT Security Management
- MSc Data Analytics and Marketin
Postgraduate applications can be made online through the relevant programme page. Early applications are recommended for international students, as the visa process can take up to one month.
Every programme has its own entry requirements, so make sure to check our programmes page to see specific information.
The minimum entry requirements for GISMA are:
- IELTS — overall band score from 6.0
- Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- GMAT and three or more years of postgraduate work experience (only for the Magellan MBA and Grenoble MBA).
All postgraduate programmes at GISMA are delivered in English. However, we recommend learning the basics of German to enable you to communicate with local residents.
You can take advantage of our free beginner’s German classes when you enrol on one of our postgraduate programmes from Porto Business School, Grenoble Ecole de Management, and The University of Law.
A foreign (not a citizen of an EU or EEA member country) student studying full-time in Germany is legally permitted to work a maximum of 120 full (or 240 half) days within a year, without having to seek permission from German authorities.
The legally allowed number of working days for foreign students also includes voluntary work placements, regardless of whether this is paid or unpaid. In addition, foreign students cannot be self-employed or work as a freelancer.
We recommend that you do open a German bank account if you are going to rent a flat or are planning to apply for insurance, since this requires bank details so the money can be debited and it’s not possible to pay in cash. You can use a credit card, but cash cards are more common.
If you have a residence permit and your stay is expected to be longer than one year, family reunification is possible. However, in order for family to join you, you must support them without depending upon social assistance. For more information about visa regulations, click here.
- Campuses in Berlin and Hannover
- Access to corporate links such as Continental and Volkswagen
- A dedicated Careers Centre
- Programmes taught completely in English
- Free beginner's German classes for all students
- Flexible payment plans and scholarships available*