University Placement Programme
Study a 40-week German language programme and receive specialist support with your application to German state universities.
The University Placement Programme at GISMA offers you:
- 40 weeks: 32 weeks of language classes + 4 weeks of TestDaf preparation + 4 weeks of free exam preparation
- 4 free weeks* of level exams preparation: 1 week after each level
- A free university placement service**, a specialist consultancy support with student applications to German state universities
- Free level exam retakes - if a student failed a level exam, he/she can resit it for free. One free retake for each level
- Perfect your German language skills and prepare to study a degree programme in a state university in Germany free*** of charge.
*Usual fee for 4 weeks tuition: €1000. **Usual fee for the university application service: €500. ***Except for the semester fees (on average between €250-€450 per semester).
With the University Placement Programme at GISMA students get a chance to learn German in a German speaking environment and reach a skill level sufficient enough to study a degree programme in Germany.
With its specialist university placement service, GISMA helps its students to apply to a number of German state universities for either bachelors or masters programmes through one provider, receiving full guidance with regards to the application process, required documents and any other information up to the moment when an offer letter from the chosen German university is issued.
- In Germany, international students have an opportunity to study their bachelor’s or master’s degree for free*** in one of many state universities across the country.
- Due to the thriving economy and job market, the country offers excellent career opportunities for skilled professionals after graduation.
- Under new German immigration laws, international graduates of MBA and masters programmes in Germany are able to extend their stay in Germany for up to 18 months to seek employment.
Hannover is an industrious, exciting city that is home to five universities and several large brands, including Senheiser, Volkswagen and Deutsche Landesbank. The city also boasts great urban infrastructure, as well as a safe living environment with many parks and green spaces. It’s also close to other major German cities, like Bremen, Hamburg and Berlin, and Hannover International Airport offers regular, inexpensive flights to countries such as France, Holland and Italy.
GISMA’s campus is located right in the centre of Hannover, an established economic region in northwest Germany. The campus boasts modern facilities and a very central location. Living costs in Hannover are usually lower compared to other large cities in Germany and this allows international students in Germany to have a high quality of life at a very affordable cost.
This intensive programme is designed to prepare you for independent academic study at a German-speaking university, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. In addition, it will prepare you for TestDAF and includes a University Placement Service, boosting your chances of successful application at your chosen institution or helping you choose the best university for your subject. Guidance on the application process and help to apply for up to 5 German state universities is included.
GISMA has a full time specialist consultancy service for its University Placement Programme, helping you with every step of your studies. You will learn about what courses universities offer, and will be guided by advisors as to what documentation you need and what procedures to follow.
Stages of the programme
- Enrol: Enrol in the programme
- Study*: Study levels A1 to B2**
- Test: Prepare for your test with our TestDAF preparation module
- Placement: Once you pass your test, work with our placement service officer to get into a German university
- Acceptance: Be accepted into university and begin your studies
*The programme is suitable for students of all German language levels, including the absolute beginners.
**According to The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) framework, language proficiency is measured from A1 to C2 levels. Level B2 is a sufficient level required to apply for a degree programme in the university in Germany.
The full programme duration is 40 weeks with an intensity of 20 hours per week.
The programme structure is split into levels as follows:
- General German (level A1: Beginner) - 8 weeks
- General German (level A2: Elementary) - 8 weeks
- General German (level B1: Intermediate) - 8 weeks
- General German (level B2: Upper Intermediate) - 8 weeks
Plus the German language test preparation:
- TestDaf Preparation - 4 weeks
- FREE 4 weeks level exams preparation
GISMA also provides students with other assistance during the course of their studies. These services include:
- Placement test (before the commencement of the studies)
- Accommodation* search assistance
- VISA application assistance
- Social programmes with many activities and excursions
*Please note: Accommodation fees are not included in the University Placement Programme tuition fees and will be charged separately. GISMA assists its students with the search of suitable accommodation options.
GISMA assists its students with the search of suitable accommodation options. Accommodation fees are not included in the University Placement Programme tuition fees and will be charged separately.
The accommodation options and their respective price range (per week) include:
- Flat & House Share (single/double occupancy): from €95/ from €140
- Studio apartments: from €88 (zone 4) - from €150 (zone 1)
- Hotels: from €252
- Key facts
- Fees & Funding
- Book a course
***with the exception of the semester fees, which are essentially the administrative charges and on average are between €250 - €450 per semester.
Location: Hannover, Germany
Start dates: check calendar
Duration: 40 weeks (32 weeks of language classes + 4 weeks of TestDaf preparation + 4 weeks of free exam preparation)
Intensity: 20 hours per week
Max students per class: 16 students
Fees: €6,500. Please contact GISMA advisor to find out more.